It’s no secret that financial decisions are stressful. The decisions made in college can affect students well after graduation. The resources found here can help you learn how to budget, save, find part-time employment, estimate future income and loan repayment, and prepare for finances post-graduation.
A personal financial education course meant to educate and empower students to make well-informed financial decisions and prevent financial behaviors that could negatively impact their futures.
Budgeting is key when it comes to managing your finances. Are you living within your means? Are you spending less than or equal to the amount of money you have coming in each month?
If you are not living within your means, you are most likely borrowing from next month's budget or going into debt. Either way, you are borrowing from your future.
"Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving." -Warren Buffett
Scholarships are funds awarded based on a variety of criteria such as academic merit, financial need, leadership, and service. Scholarships are funds which usually do not need repaid.
Student Employment assists students in finding part-time and seasonal employment to offset educational costs. There are both on campus and off campus employment opportunities.
Know About Your Loans
Useful Links and CalculatorsKnow how much you have borrowed in student loans, how much interest is accruing, and how to contact your loan servicers.
- Federal Loans: www.nslds.ed.gov.
- Institutional Loans: https://borrower.ecsi.net.
- Private Loans: If you’re not sure who your lender is, it should be listed on your Annual Credit Report www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Repay and Save: Use this calculator to see how much you could save by paying back portions of your student loan refund.
- In-School Interest Calculator for Undergraduate Students: Use this calculator to determine how much interest is accruing while you are enrolled (as an undergraduate student).
- In-School Interest Calculator for Graduate or Professional Students: Use this calculator to determine how much interest is accruing while you are enrolled (as a graduate/professional student).
- Student loan repayment calculator: Use this calculator to estimate your future loan monthly payment and possible repayment options.